If you don’t know where it goes, it goes here.

Open thread to discuss any subject.

423 Responses so far.

1. Alessandro Viña Alessandro Vina says:

Sudamericano Sub 20 starts January 18 just to let everyone know. Should be interesting to see, not sure who has the TV rights though…

Current score: 4
  2. Yorugua Yorugua says:

D>I>R>E>C>T
    QUalifiCAtIoN

Current score: 2
  3. NicoGF NicoGF says:

Any new reader around? Say hello pls, we love it when you find us through google :) i encourage you to register and comment. Site is gonna get active with a couple of articles and a podcast very soon :) mark my words.
    Anyway we are a community, this site is here to stay, it is YOUR place, because even without articles we can keep the thing going with comments, news, gossip, or we can pick on tabarez.

Current score: 4
  4. Yorugua Yorugua says:

Hope all the kiddies are paying attention to what’s going on in la AUF –––– if you aint, Get Hip!

5. Alessandro Viña Alessandro_Vina says:

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! 2017 is just around the corner. Expect a 2016 awards article to be in the coming days, with a surprise (somewhat interview article) to be posted for new year. Let’s hope 2017 is much better then 2016!

Current score: 4
    • Yorugua Yorugua says:

Sounds great – the first Non Yorugua LCB Awards Post…. can’t wait. If the Interview is with Nico you can kindly keep it to yourself (just kidding)…. Merry Xmas/Happy New Year

For 2017 All I want to hear are the words “Direct Qualification”…. no Repechaje, No Playoffs, No “we have to depend on some other results”…. No “Argentina doing us any Favors”… No “We are the Repechaje Kings”…. None of that.

D*I*R*E*C*T* Q*U*A*L*I*F*I*C*A*T*I*ON

If you say it aloud it will happen….

Current score: 2
    • NicoGF NicoGF says:

Feel free to add neither calculator nor la frente en alto yoru lol. Enjoy what u have guys and stop neglecting it by focusing attention on whats missing, thats my little wish for you all and myself :) ale, cant wait, been following your stuff and you are blessing for lcb, its incredible the way you adapted yourself from reader to writer.
      Keep the ones you love close, and your enemies even closer lol no no jokes aside, its a reminder to spend time by family, if you cant keep your head up things will get better eventually.

Nico

I
      O
      N
      ……

Current score: 2
  6. Yorugua Yorugua says:

Just wanna say, for the second consecutive year, there won’t be an LCB AWARDS post from me on account of my retirement from “POSTING DUTIES”… which is good cuz to be honest, wasn’t feeling anything this year.

Altho Nico got a little too excited with the Podcast, that’s still on hold till we figure out when to do it…. Without Jules there is NO PODCAST FOR ME…. and true to my GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS form, I won’t be entertaining outside ideas.

Do want to wish all you people here a very special Christmas or whatever it is you celebrate…. You guys continue to buy into this Blog which is good. Thanks to the New Guy, Alesandro for coming on board, thanks to Martina Techera too, she also busted out a couple of articles…. Thank You NEW PEOPLE….

I won’t get into the future too much, as of right now, my retirement continues – sadly assembling these posts requires a lot more time than I have to offer, add to it the slow ass computer I use at home and voila, don’t expect too much from me.

Anyway enough about me…. Merry X-Mas, Make 2017 Count and hopefully God willing, we finally qualify directly to a World Cup…. and if not, 5th place here we come!

Hasta La Victoria.

Y.

Current score: 2
    • Dutchfan Dutchfan says:

So I can’t nominate Giorgian d’Arrascaeta for the Most Unjustly Ignored Player of the Year Award? Too bad!

Current score: 1
    • Yorugua Yorugua says:

@DF–
      Even tho I know how you feel about him, I would co-nominate Gaston Pereiro as well, Mauricio Lemos…. and I’d be remiss not to throw in Diego Polenta’s name as well. But what do I know….

Anyway Merry Christmas to you DutchFan – as Robin Leach used to say on the brain dead television show “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous”… I wish you “champagne wishes and caviar dreams.”

Current score: 1
  7. plaga9celeste plaga9celeste says:

tremenda burrada this instant replay installed during the FIFA clubs WC..
    whoever heard of reviewing for possible “other” infractions during a play? idiotic FIFA concoction..
    In Am-Football (NFL) there’s been instant replay for years and it is still polemic.. but at least no one goes and calls a penalty of a replay review.. what didn’t get called during the play that’s it.. too late..
    only breaking of the goal-line plane for a score, out of bounds plays (which can be very critical in this sport), fumbles of the ball or actual completion of a catch (or not) also very critical in this game or similar are the only re-viewable plays..
    FIFA.. please retire this abomination.. Atl National got called a “retroactive” penalty against that open the scoring..
    bad idea..

• plaga9celeste plaga9celeste says:

@433.. and tenfield, in a suspiciously noble act, says they will terminate the contract and get out of the way.. smells fishy already..
      but i hope it becomes a good lucrative contract for the AUF..
      team merging is next..
      and removal of the barras by means of exposing the relationship between owners and barras..
      and pen~arol a la B.. ahahaha.. just kidding you mayamiercoles of the world..

• Yorugua Yorugua says:

I said it years ago, the only reason they bringing GOAL-LINE TECHNOLOGY INTO THE GAME is to slow things down… the only way they can sell Soccer in THE UNITED STATES is by adding a million commercial interruptions. In 15 years the game will be completely unrecognizable.

8. NicoGF NicoGF says:

Pod topics: #challenge: first audio without mentioning the coach
    Caos futbol domestico, el clasico que nunca se jugo, los grandes, los clasificados a las copas internacionales libertadores y sudamericana
    Divorcio entre clubes y seleccion. Por que no pueden retroalimentarse y compartir algo de exito? Hay esperanza?, como se soluciona?

Polls resultados blog
    Sensaciones generales de ecuador chile
    Balance del año para la seleccion y de lcb: articulos, comments, visitas, proyectos
    Partidos restantes predicciones, y 5 candidatos a ganar el mundial.

Saludos para todos, los animamos a que comenten y nos sigan en redes sociales

PLEASE COMMENT BELOW GIVING MORE TOPIC IDEAS :)

Current score: 2
    • plaga9celeste plaga9celeste says:

here’s a topic about uruguayan futbol, the AUF, the death of tenfield and la mutual:

capo total este luisito..
      total star this luigi..
      yoru.. you got to reconsider after this read.. he may get a little crazy on the pitch sometimes but there is a noble heart in there..

Current score: 1
    • plaga9celeste plaga9celeste says:

and the counter by la mutual and even the famous “pato celeste” LOL (why a freaking pato.. shouldn’t it be a tero instead?)

• FourThreeThree FourThreeThree says:

Presentaron en la AUF oferta por el fútbol uruguayo.La empresa Euroméricas Sports Marketing se reunió con el presidente Valdez; ofertan US$ 68 millones por año!!!!!!

• plaga9celeste plaga9celeste says:

(sorry – wrong spot of reply above)

but i hope it becomes a good lucrative contract for the AUF..
      team merging is next..
      and pen~arol a la B.. ahahaha.. just kidding you mayamiercoles of the world..

• Yorugua Yorugua says:

@nico — you’re worse than Wikileaks! Haha

@P9C — 🤔

• Yorugua Yorugua says:

TOPIC IDEA FOR NICO – NO MORE TOPIC IDEAS jajaja….

• Yorugua Yorugua says:

@433/P9C – I’m going to be honest, from what I saw this year… this league is not worth $68 million or whatever number is being thrown out there. Clasico was an embarrassment, too much low-life out of control Hooligan Violence.

Uruguay’s Domestic League needs an intervention from FIFA, but then again all of South American leagues need an intervention from FIFA – If I was FIFA Prez, I’d suspend the Uruguayan tournaments until the country puts better security measures, the league as it is now is a shithole.

Current score: 1
    • FourThreeThree FourThreeThree says:

@ Y,
      I agree that the league is not worth US$68 million per year based on the actual product. I think it is a case of how many leagues are out there that can act as the “filler” material for the mega networks. The FIFA rankings make the league an attractive commodity for these networks. If the deal is real, it could quickly add the funds to make it a more attractive product.
      In this sense, the AUF and government need to stop worrying about their fiefdoms and take real steps to stop the violence. It’s shows a complete misunderstanding of how the business world works.

• Yorugua Yorugua says:

@433 – if it were a normal association who would re-invest the money into the soccer league or helping the lower bracket youth programs improve, or even in improving the Stadiums… I’d say I’m all for it… but we know this is a corrupt organization that will NEVER filter the money down to the teams that need it the most. They’re all crooks, Grifters just looking for a check to kite.

Current score: 1
  9. NicoGF NicoGF says:

10. Yorugua Yorugua says:

Tabarez outlived Fidel Castro…. who would’ve thunk it.

Current score: 1
    • Dutchfan Dutchfan says:

With Tabarez imitating his idol we still have 21 years to wait ….. sigh ……

11. Yorugua Yorugua says:

The Best Clasico in the Planet ––– arriving soon.

• Yorugua Yorugua says:

Best Clasico in the planet not arriving anytime soon…. Fucking Crazy what’s going on in Uruguay – Embarrassing is an understatement.

Current score: 1
  12. NicoGF NicoGF says:

Heavy information: http://www.montecarlotv.com.uy/programas/santo-y-seña/videos/la-rebelión-contra-tenfield-por-los-derechos-de-imagen
    Now EVERYTHING is clear.

• Yorugua Yorugua says:

Wasn’t able to see it, doesn’t play in the United States.

13. Yorugua Yorugua says:

What’s this I’m hearing that Peñarol lost to Cerro at El Campeon Del Siglo….how is that possible.

Current score: 1
  14. Alessandro Viña Alessandro_Vina says:

Excited for the game tomorrow which can go either way! Anyways expect an article covering the qualifiers later this week so we can all discuss the results and calculations (if still needed lol).

Lineup for tomorrow confirmed I think..
    Muslera, Pereira, Coates, Godin, Silva, Sanchez, Tata, Arevalo, Vecnio, Cavani or Stuani and Suarez

Current score: 2
    • plaga9celeste plaga9celeste says:

and tomorrow is today 1 hr before kick-off..
      hold it.. wait for it..
      uruguay nomaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

duece by cavani..

15. NicoGF NicoGF says:

http://youtu.be/jQ5NHT-SYIs this is how “tocoymevoy” wrapped it.